May 3 "On-Orbit degradation of solar and space weather instruments"
Organized by A. BenMoussa, S. Gissot and B. Giordanengo, supported by STCE
The aim of this workshop is to open discussions related to the degradation observed on space instruments dedicated to monitor the Sun and the space weather. The idea is to share and gain knowledge of on-orbit degradations from our past and present experiences and to use them as a guide to predict future performance of ongoing instrument developments.
The presentations will then be followed by a Round Table with the goal to provide good practices and innovative approaches to reduce or correct as strongly as possible expected degradations. We intend to implement a Lessons Learned process to identify what has gone well with previous missions (which should be repeated) and to rethink what should be done differently.
We look forward to meeting you.
May 4 "PROBA2 SWT5: Science & Space Weather Opportunities for PROBA2"
Organized by M. Dominique, D. Berghmans, supported by STCE
Coffee • 09:00 – 09:30
Welcome 09:30 – 09:40 David Berghmans
Particles in Low Earth Orbit • Marie Dominique
- 09:40 – 10:00 Piotr Podgorski: Energetic particle environment as seen by SphinX
- 10:00 – 10:20 Szymon Gburek: Energetic particle environment as seen by RESIK
- 10:20 – 10:40 Andrew Jones: Impact of particles on SEM and EVE data
- 10:40 – 11:10 Dan Seaton & Marie Dominique: Impact of particles on SWAP & LYRA
- 11:10 – 11:30 Discussion
Coffee • 11:30 – 11:45
Irradiance Studies • David Berghmans
- 11:45 – 12:15 Matthieu Kretzschmar: EUV irradiance & Lyman-alpha flares in LYRA
Lunch • 12:15 – 13:30
Coronal Dynamics • Dan Seaton
- 13:30 – 13:50 Laurent Dolla: Quasi-periodic pulsations observed during flares
- 13:50 – 14:10 David Long: EUV waves in SWAP and AIA
- 14:10 – 14:30 Tom Van Doorsselaere: Using PROBA2 for coronal seismology
- 14:30 – 14:50 Dipankar Banerjee: Bright point study with SWAP
- 14:50 – 15:10 Discussion
Coffee • 15:10 – 15:30
Odds & Ends, Future Campaigns, and Ongoing Projects • Dan Seaton
- 15:30 – 16:30 Discussion: Venus Transit 2012, Comet Lovejoy, eHeroes, etc.
Close • 16:30
Attendees at ROB on May 3 are invited to join in a group dinner following the Degradation Workshop. Details TBD.
Program May 3 :